Non FOSS and Fedora

Adam Kosmin akosmin at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jan 13 00:01:16 UTC 2004

This seems to make alot of sense. While I'm still not thrilled about
the existance of those docs, your comments sound very reasonable and
have helped me put things in perspective.

Thank you,

Adam Kosmin

"
" It would /not/ be appropriate, given Objective #2, to attempt to bundle
" such software /with/ Fedora or to make it a part of the Fedora Project. But
" if such software is out there, and one or more users need it, and those
" users have chosen it over equivalent FOSS solutions or those solutions do
" not yet exist, then by helping the user install it what we have gained is
" another happy Fedora user. That's the user's right to freedom of choice,
" and one more convert for Fedora... win-win for all involved.
"
" Simple.
"
"