Prism 2 Wireless under 2.6 kernel

Marc O'Morain fedora at marcomorain.com
Tue Jan 13 00:43:18 UTC 2004

Hi there.

I have recently updated my kernel to 2.6. Everything went smoothly apart
from my wireless LAN.

I had the linux-wlan-ng driver installed for my Prism 2 based PCI wireless
card. I was able to remove this driver and use the 2.6 kernel's native
support for my card.

I have a wireless LAN in my house, and I can connect to it with DHCP. I
can ping all the computers on the lan by ip address. I can ping any
internet server by hostname or by ip address. I cannot however access
anything on the web.

My windows partition can connect as normal.

My broswer resolves the hostname but the connection times out when trying
to download anything. Wget resolves the hostname and then waits
indefiantly trying to connect to any website.

Has anyone had any similar problems?
Does it sound like I am missing something simple?

/sbin/route says that my default gateway is the same as it in in my
windows partition, system-config-network says that all the settings that
DHCP has set are the same as they are in windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Marc O'Morain