Kpackage missing from Kdeadmin - Why, and howto rectify

Jeffrey Stephens jsteve17 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jan 13 00:50:15 UTC 2004

On Monday 12 January 2004 18:49, Brad Tarver wrote:
> Is that not included in the kdeutils package?

   IMHO the Redhat package management is 100% pure-dee Worthless!  Kpackage
will install any RPM (RHPM only displays the original CD set's packages and,
I assume, only installs from there).  Kpackage shows what a package provides,
what it depends on, all the files it provides and their locations.  This is
very useful information.  In addition, Kpackage provides a convenient way to
view what files are installed on your system, to go down the list in the left
window, and delete the one's which were installed that you never wanted in
the first place!  The loss of kpackage without providing a replacement
application that provided all this info in a convenient graphical environment
is UNCONSCIONABLE!!  This is the reason I switched from RedHat to SuSE to
begin with, but I hoped that Fedora would rectify this mistake.  Redhat also
removed GnoRPM from Gnome.  I don't see how kpackage could interfere with
anything in Redhat's worthless PMS, or GnoRPM either.  This decision really
pisses me OFF!

Regards,
JeffS