How to force logoff remotely?

Adam Kosmin akosmin at nyc.rr.com
Tue Jan 13 00:41:36 UTC 2004

David L Norris (dave at webaugur.com) wrote:
" On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 14:56, Andrew Robinson wrote:
" > andrew    4886     1  0 Jan11 ?        00:00:00 [gnome-session <defunct>]
" >
" > The name "gnome-session" looked promising, so I tried a 'kill -(harrison
" > ford) 4886'. There appeared to be no effect.
"
" Try to login (ssh or console) as andrew and run:
"   kill -KILL -1
"

This sounds like fun. I've got to try it :)

Adam

--

"Yes, Your Honor. Now, where we are so far, in at least my
line of reasoning, is I want to walk the Court through enough of our

-- Kevin McBride SCO vs. IBM 12/05/03