Top or bottom.... matters less than some think.

Leonid Mamtchenkov leonid at leonid.maks.net
Tue Jan 13 10:50:13 UTC 2004

* Andy Wallace <linxit at ntlworld.com> [13-Jan-2004 00:58]:
> > I cannot help you with Evolution, but if you were using Mutt
> > ( http://www.mutt.org ), then you could use "set nostrict_threads" in
> > your config.  This setting would cause Mutt to try to match subjects
> > also.  That feature saves the day for me. :)
>
> Is it very successful in that? Some threads here have dozens of replies,
> rarely in sequence. How would it know where to put the Outlook replies?
>
> Although at least they'd all be in the same 'chunk' so it is an
> improvement nevertheless.

I don't know how it works exactly but it looks to me that Mutt first
checks for In-Reply-To: header or something similar.  If it is not
there, then it does some magick with Subject header to organize messages
into threads.  Probably some trick with "Re: " matching or so.

Unless of course there are more then 1 thread with the same subject,
things look nice.  If there are few threads, then Outlook messages get
collected in single thread. :)  But it's still better then having them
all over the place.

--
 Leonid Mamtchenkov.
 http://www.leonid.maks.net