how bleeding edge will the next fedora release be?

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Tue Jan 13 13:17:44 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 06:05, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> Em Qui, 2003-12-11 às 03:54, Preston Crawford escreveu:
>
> > On the box (I was in Best Buy looking at this the other day) it says
> > specifically the server utils or something to that effect aren't
> > supported. Just because I can download an RPM somewhere doesn't mean
> > it's supported. Fedora comes with MySQL and Apache and rudimentary
> > utilities to start them up (and in the case of Apache manage them).
>
> What kind of servers are you talking about? Apache and MySQL comes with
> those best buy boxes..

Uggh.. This again??? My question wasn't if they came with them. Someone
else here answered that. The question is would Red Hat support security
updates for all software that came in these boxes? At what cost? $100
per year? Their pricing is confusing to me. I see this lovely boxed
software at the store, yet I don't know whether it's safe to buy it,
because I have no idea how much it's going to cost me on a yearly basis
and which parts of the distro they're going to help me keep up to date.
Thus I go with Fedora.

Preston