Enable ACPI and Laptop under Fedora Core 1

dballester at kernpharma.com dballester at kernpharma.com
Tue Jan 13 15:38:12 UTC 2004

Hi:

Edit /boot/grub/grub.conf

For each kernel you will see some type of line like :

"kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl_22.rhfc1.atsmp ro root=LABEL=/1
hdc=ide-scsi rhgb" ( without quotes )

To enable acpi on this kernel add to the end of line the option acpi=on

"kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl_22.rhfc1.atsmp ro root=LABEL=/1
hdc=ide-scsi rhgb acpi=on"

Save the file and reboot to use the kernel with the option activated.

Take care that suspend mode doesn't run very well under 2.4.x kernel series

HTH

David Ballester Montolio
Responsable de Sistemas y Comunicaciones
Kern Pharma, S.L.
www.kernpharma.com

GNU!

|         |           "Coume - Lubox.com"|
|         |           <coume.mailinglists|
|         |           @lubox.com>        |
|         |           Enviado por:       |
|         |           fedora-list-admin at r|
|         |           edhat.com          |
|         |           13/01/2004 16:27   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a fedora-list      |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     fedora-list at redhat.com                                                                                        |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   Enable ACPI and Laptop under Fedora Core 1                                                                    |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

I am a new Fedora user, b4 I wwas using Mandrake;
I tried to active the Laptop Mode and event more important the acpi, but I
cannot manage to do so.
I read the files that comes with Fedora and that told us to write 1 line to
activate, the acpi for instance, but I do not understand, where I have to
write it :(

Could one of you explain me what to do more precisely?
Thxs in advance
Regards

Ludo.