(no subject) [GRUB boot problems]

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Tue Jan 13 15:59:36 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 09:53, Paolo wrote:

> I'm sorry but I don't think I understand what you mean here.
> I can boot the machine with the fedora cd,
> linux rescue
> and then
> chroot /mnt/sysimage
>
> So I can enter in the /grub partition and... ?
> Do you want me to open the stage1 file ?

If you can get this far, have you tried making a boot disk so at least
you can boot into the installed system even via floppy? (not sure if you
can do this or not booting in via linux rescue)

mkbootdisk 2.x.x-x.x.x (where x=kernel version #'s) should do the trick.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"It's funny until someone gets hurt...then it's hilarious!"