Wish list for Fedora Core 2

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Tue Jan 13 19:23:51 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 03:28, Bjorn Andersen wrote:
> > Maybe "System Settings" and "Admin Tools"
>
> NO, I just want to be able to delete this 2 menues for my users...

Like this?
  http://webaugur.com/bibliotheca/linux/gnome-menus/mainmenu.png
And this?
  http://webaugur.com/bibliotheca/linux/gnome-menus/menubar.png

Its not terribly difficult but it is not as easy as it should be.

Here is the ~/.gnome2/vfolders/applications.vfolder-info file used in
the screenshots:
http://webaugur.com/bibliotheca/linux/gnome-menus/applications.vfolder-info

You can also edit the menus system-wide in a variety of ways.  Here are
some relevant directories:
  /usr/share/desktop-menu-files/
  /etc/X11/desktop-menus/
  /usr/share/applications/
  /usr/share/gnome/vfolders/

You could create a system-wide applications menu which removes the
System Settings and System Tools menus.  Then add those menus for only
your administrators.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/