Export

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Wed Jan 14 01:12:05 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 16:19, Alexandre Strube wrote:
> .../usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/home/surak/bin
>
> (yes, I know it's a mess - but as you can see, the /sbin dirs are first.
> [surak at casa surak]$ redhat-config-network
> (the window opens - i close it, then...)

Exactly, the window appears and has no root privileges.  That is not the
intended behavior.  Consolehelper should appear first and request
authentication.  Same for any program in System Settings and most
programs in System Tools.

This is the intended behavior of redhat-config-network:
  http://webaugur.com/bibliotheca/linux/consolehelper.png

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/