Thoughts on FC and the future..

Krikket krikket at gothpoodle.com
Wed Jan 14 01:34:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, William Hooper wrote:

> >> Bugzilla ID?
> >
> > I know bugzilla is a bug tracking system, but if I don't know what part of
> > the updagte cycle broke it, how can I reliably report it?
>
> Did you post for help to track it down?  I mean, if it broke two machines
> it was either repeatable or user error.
>
> > Real life happens outside of Bugzilla, ya know...
>
> "If it's not in bugzilla, it doesn't exist."
>
> Don't expect unreported bugs to magically get fixed.

Well, it exposes it to a wider area of users, and lets me know if the
problem is widespread or not.  So information was gained, even if it's
only by a lack of data.

I also note, you didn't answer my question -- If I don't know what broke
it, how can it be reliably reported?  Doesn't it become more of a crank at
that point, rather than a confirmed bug?

Krikket