Lexamrk X74

John Sampson john.sampson at swirly.net
Wed Jan 14 12:22:58 UTC 2004

Stupid question most likely - so sorry in advance!

I have scoured Cups Man pages, google/linux and a few other places, but
I can't seem to find a way to get basic printing ability in FC, using a
Lexmark X74 All-in-One USB.

I know the scanned most likely wont work (not an issue as the speed
penalty using crossover is nasty on this system so I need to use Win2K
for that - and as such can scan in there), but having to save OOo
documents etc as DOC files just to be able to print - as I have to open
in word which I already have (no need to install software on windows I
don't need is there), just to be able to print off a few Spec Sheets and
white papers etc.

I have even tryed resorting the the PostScript driver but that wont work
either.
Cups seems to work, but I get no activity on the Printer.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks in advance
John