Fedora Core 1 kernel update.

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Jan 14 13:30:53 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 22:24, Alexandre Strube wrote:

> > Why spend all this time on the 2.4.x branch... why not just make the
> > move to 2.6?
>
> They are way too different. If they can change versions just because of
> gcc/glibc (redhat 8.0 to redhat 9), imagine the amount of changes when
> such a big upgrade happens.

I've seen this comment many times.
I must be lucky, as I just downloaded 2.6.0 (and now 2.6.1)
from http://www.kernel.org and it seemed to compile and work
without any problems.

[I'm not sure what did this - presumably "make modules_install" -
but modprobe.conf  - required for 2.6 - was automatically created for me.]

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366