new to linux...need help with network

dalen dalen at czexan.net
Wed Jan 14 13:53:55 UTC 2004

Robert Teed wrote:

> It works great except I cant connect to the internet, It doesnt seem to
> notice my  builtin network
> card.The card is working as I can connect if I boot into XP. I think I
> read somewhere that its not a problem with the network card drivers but
> something about "nividia MAC" drivers.
> This is my setup:
> Biostar Mainboard M7NCD-A02
> nForce2 400/MCP,socket a
> CPU is AMD Athlon XP 2200+

Robert,
	I had the same problem with another nforce2 board and RH9.  I found a
driver by googling for nvnet redhat.  There is a project for an open
source nvnet driver at http://sourceforge.net/projects/forcedeth/ but it
doesn't appear ready yet.  If you can find a module prebuilt for your
current kernel, that would be easy to install.  Other wise you may have
to recompile the kernel, which can be done but may be much for someone
new to linux.

Good Luck,

Dale