GAIM is acting GRUMPY

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Wed Jan 14 15:27:17 UTC 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:19:03 -0600
Clif Smith <fedora at cjs226.com> wrote:

> Any ideas?  A shot in the dark, but could this at all be related to
> sound?  I'm testing a possible correlation when using XMMS, etc.

It could be. My personal experience with apps sharing sound devices is
not very nice, I've experienced some lockups (recently xine was
misteriously locking when launched; the problem was that XMMS was
active... =/). Make sure you try it with other apps that also use sound
turned off, and see if lockups still happen.

... I am eagerly waiting for JACK [http://jackit.sourceforge.net/] to
become gold and mainstream, hopefully it will be a better solution than
esd/arts.

HTH

Andre

--