Interdependencies between Galeon and Mozilla: FC1 upgrade from RH9

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Wed Jan 14 15:55:18 UTC 2004

Em Qua, 2004-01-14 às 12:04, Don Levey escreveu:

> > It's worth noting though that galeon-1.3.x which is what you'll get
> > from Dag is a very different beast to galeon-1.2.x, which is my
> > browser of choice on RH7 and RH9. IMO the 1.3 series has been
> > seriously
> > dumbed down, but more seriously is significantly slower. When I
> > installed FC1 I compared galeon, mozilla, epiphany and firebird for
> > features and speed. Galeon was by far the slowest, mozilla and
> > firebird the fastest. Firebird looks like it's going to be really
> > good, but isn't quite yet, so I'm using mozilla. This is on a 700MHz
> > laptop, so it's possible that speed variations will be insignificant
> > on a modern, fast machine.
> Thanks all for the info.  It looks like, for the foreseeable future, she'll
> be sticking with Mozilla, though I'll keep one or two more on her machine
> anyway.  Her main problem with Mozilla is that some websites (in particular,
> one on which she liked to go shopping) were "broken" and didn't render
> correctly.  Hmm... Maybe this is not a bad thing...

There are several websites not correctly rendered by mozilla, and
epyphany should show same results - in fact, the rendering engine is the
same.

Although I don't use it everyday (as I'm a Gnome fan), Konqueror works
with most of the sites mozilla can't handle. Khtml sees quite good, and
even apple abandoned Internet Explorer in favor of their own khtml-based
browser...

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group