HPT370 - GRUB

Dave doood at gruntwerk.net
Wed Jan 14 16:37:37 UTC 2004

Hi all,

      I've installed XP on the HPT controller with two drives, one on the
primary master the other on the secondary master, ( hde, and hdg). I have
another disk with Fedora on it on the main VIA controller Primary master
(hda). With the bios pointed at the ataraid windows boots normally. With the
bios pointed at HD0 grub comes up and linux will boot normally. I'm trying
to get grub to boot the windows system off the HPT RAID array. All the
examples I've seen people are booting linux off the HPT, which I've been
able to get working as well. From a grub command line at boot, geometry
shows the raid array as hd1, but when I try to boot it using - rootnoverify
(hd1) chainloader +1 grub just hangs. No error message. Has anyone been able
to get grub to boot a windows system on the HPT raid array? Anyone have a
good howto or url I can look at? Thanks In advance.

doood out.