Postfix SMTP Auth

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at weiss.name
Wed Jan 14 16:45:24 UTC 2004

From: "Jason Wellman" <nimh at netmagi.net>
> Hey all,
>
> I have searched the mail archives and Google trying to solve my Postfix
> SMTP AUTH issue.
>
> I have read the document:
>
> /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.0.11/README-Postfix-SASL-RedHat.txt
>
> And performed all the tasks it outlines but I am getting the errors
<snip>

Jason,

I've been working on a doc with Rodolfo Paiz on setting up a mail server,
and what you're attempting was my next step. :)  I haven't started on it
yet, was going to do the install today.  However, I found a document that
may or may not help.  It's:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=94312

It looks promising, to get postfix working with saslauthd to authenticate
using PAM.  You may want to look at it.

HTH,

Ben