HPT370 - GRUB

Sturla Holm Hansen sturlahh at online.no
Wed Jan 14 17:26:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 17:37, Dave wrote:
> Hi all,
>

>       I've installed XP on the HPT controller with two drives, one on the
> primary master the other on the secondary master, ( hde, and hdg). I have
> another disk with Fedora on it on the main VIA controller Primary master
> (hda). With the bios pointed at the ataraid windows boots normally. With the
> bios pointed at HD0 grub comes up and linux will boot normally. I'm trying
> to get grub to boot the windows system off the HPT RAID array. All the
> examples I've seen people are booting linux off the HPT, which I've been
> able to get working as well. From a grub command line at boot, geometry
> shows the raid array as hd1, but when I try to boot it using - rootnoverify
> (hd1) chainloader +1 grub just hangs. No error message. Has anyone been able
> to get grub to boot a windows system on the HPT raid array? Anyone have a
> good howto or url I can look at? Thanks In advance.
>

> doood out.

Here's my grub.conf, I'm booting both winxp and linux off my
hpt374-controller.

Sturla

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this
file
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,1)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/sda5
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,1)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.20-8)
        root (hd0,1)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-8 ro root=LABEL=/ hdc=ide-scsi
hde=noprobe hdf=noprobe hdg=noprobe hdh=noprobe hdg=noprobe hdi=noprobe
hdj=noprobe hdk=noprobe hdl=noprobe
        initrd /initrd-2.4.20-8.img
title DOS
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)