Gnome-terminal crashes (still no core dumps)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jan 14 18:22:02 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 14.01.2004 schrieb Leonard den Ottolander um 03:39:
> Hi Ben,
>
> (Sorry for this out of thread post. At least it is not the html that
> comes with my netmail account.)
>
> > Did you exit and restart X?
>
> I did not only restart X, I restarted the whole box. Problem seems to be
> that the /etc/profile settings do not reflect on the X session, only on
> the shells inside it.
>
> So, the question remains, how do I enable core dumps in X, so I can
> debug these gnome-terminal crashes?
>
> Bye,
> Leonard.

Hi Leonard,

I researched for settings due to ulimit and core dumps and found it is
set hard in a start script! Inspect /etc/init.d/functions lines 136 to
138:

        # make sure it doesn't core dump anywhere; while this could mask
        # problems with the daemon, it also closes some security
problems
        ulimit -S -c 0 >/dev/null 2>&1

Comment line 138. That should it make it for a temporary check why your
gnome-terminal crashes.

Alexander

--
Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany