Access ext3 and the like from M$ Windows?

David Jackson trashcan at mustardandrelish.com
Wed Jan 14 18:44:31 UTC 2004

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 10:03:19AM -0800, David Jackson penned with great
> insight:
>> Thomas --
>> Do you mean access a Linux parition on the same box M$ is running on?
>> It seems to me if there used to me a ready only tool that let you do
>> that?
>> Have you tried looking on http://freshmeat.net?
>>
>> Of couse if your mean located on a different box then the answer is
>> samba?
>>
>> David
>>

> Okay, yes I'm a moron.
We ALL got to a little "touched in the head" to get involved with *nix :)
Anyway a quick search on http:/fresmeat.net for "dos filesystem" came up
with:
LTOOLS: The LTOOLS are a set of command line tools for reading and writing
Linux ReiserFS, ext2, and ext3 filesystems from DOS, Windows, Solaris, or
Linux.

Here's the freshmeat link:
http://freshmeat.net/projects/ltools/?topic_id=860%2C861

And home page: