How to configure DNS is Fedora Core

Steve Hanson shanson at cruiskeen.com
Wed Jan 14 21:03:27 UTC 2004

Tom Pitts wrote:
> I am new to Linux and just went out and purchased Fedora. I would like to start hosting my companies external DNS servers with this software but cannot seem to find any good documentation on setting it up. Could someone help me please?
>
> Thank you

I think this is one of those issues where if you are asking
the question you probably shouldn't do it.  This is not a
simple matter.  DNS on Fedore Core is no different than DNS
on any other platform running BIND (I assume you're going to
use BIND).  You should go read a good book about this.
Really.  I would recommend the O'Reilly book by Cricket Liu.
  You really don't want to break your company's DNS.  Home,
testing systems is one thing, but if you comapny relies on
Internet connectivity, email, etc. you really need to
understand what you're doing (my opinion).