PowerManagement: Suspend, Sleep, Turn Off Screen...

Sy Beamont sbeam at attbi.com
Wed Jan 14 22:37:12 UTC 2004

I just set up my Sony Vaio PCG-FX270K with FC1 and was setting up acpi.
Works beautifully... comments below....

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 08:55, J. Erik Hemdal wrote:
> I got acpid to work by doing the following:
> 2. For test purposes, set up a battery monitor.  On the GNOME
> desktop, I used battstat-applet; I don't use KDE so I can't help you
> there.  When things are broken, it will give you no useful
> information at all.

KLaptop started working automatically for me once acpi was enabled.

> 3. Add the following code to /etc/rc.local:
> ----snip----
> if [ -d /proc/acpi ]; then
> 	for module in /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/drivers/acpi/*
>
> 		do
> 		insmod $module
> 		done
> fi

Is this necessary?? these magically appeared in lsmod once acpi was
enabled...

Still trying to get screen brightness and suspend function keys working
using sonypi - if anyone has a good guide to doing this, would
appreciate.

Pretty exciting stuff though, maybe my laptop will stop giving off that
burning smell... or was that my foot?

-S