redhat-config-network & usb conflicts

Igor Antonacci bitbreaker2k at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 09:20:47 UTC 2004

Hi All,
after a lot of test, I discovered a module (more
than one) that makes redhat-config-network going
in SEGFAULT;

Those modules are: usbnet (makes my Pc2Pc usb modem
working...but i don't use it) and usb-controller.

Removing usbnet module I can make Network
Configuration (gnome) application works; removing also
usb-controller (renamed in usb-uhci) the Internet
Configuration wizard works too.

How can I prevent those modules from loading ?

However, removing usb-uhci my Ps/2 (OEM Logitech
optical) mouse doesn't work anymore.

Thanks.
Igor.