FC1 on the enterprise?

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 15 13:27:25 UTC 2004

Andre Costa wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I will probably be assigned the task of installing and configuring Linux
>on a mail server that handles a couple of thousands email accounts
>(close to 100,000). I had used RH Linux on production servers in the
>past, and have been using FC1 on my desktop ever since it came out.
>
>I can't see no reason why I would not use it for this assignment either,
>but if folks on this list could share some experiences (not necessarily
>related to mail server installations, but any FC1 enterprise use), I
>would be most grateful.
>
>BTW: I know about WhiteBox Linux, and I don't really discard it as an
>option. Any experiences related to using it are welcome as well
>(although I don't think I will find many on this particular ML).
>
>TIA
>
>Andre

IMO if your user base is that big you should definately look at a distro
with a longer upgrade cycle.. So either RHEL, Trustix, Whitebox or
Taolinux would be good options to look into if you want to stay with an
RH base..

For the mail server I would look at qmailtoaster.com.. I have just
started testing this system and it looks really good.. Management of
virtual domains, aliases, mailing lists and user mail quotas are all
very easy..

Later..