(no subject) [GRUB boot problems]

Paolo paolo at gabubbi.it
Thu Jan 15 15:37:32 UTC 2004

Phil Schaffner said:
[...]
> I should have also asked for "fdisk -l" output, but will wing it -
> device names may have to be changed to protect the innocent.  It's
> possible all this can be fixed by modifying BIOS setting to change the
> boot order; however, on my IDE/IDE-RAID/SCSI system that failed to
> work.  Thus the following mess...

Ok, but my system is 100% IDE.

The funny thing is that even XP seems to be somehow confused,
c: is my slave IDE disk and d: is my mster ide disk.

Do you think the culprit could be a wrong hw setting ?

[...]
> Reboot without the floppy and report success :-) or failure :-(

Of course, just why a few hours.
I'll do it as soon as I back home.

> This probably deserves a Bugzilla report, but it's sufficiently complex
> and esoteric that I have not attempted one.  You are the only other case
> of the problem I have encountered.

I've already filled a bug in bugzilla.

Thanks.

Ciao,