fedora official ntfs support

Szakacsits Szabolcs szaka at sienet.hu
Thu Jan 15 15:40:10 UTC 2004

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Andy Green wrote:
> On Thursday 15 January 2004 14:38, William Hooper wrote:
>
> > Who's talking about the NTFS driver?  Please read the whole message
> > (especially the part where I'm answering the nVidia question and state
> > that I don't know the reasons for not including NTFS).
>
> I am sorry if my referring to nVidia has caused logical errors in this thread,
> the link in my mind was the unspecified nature of the format / video card.

Thanks Andy for clearing this up. I've never meant any comment about
nVidia or binary-only drivers. I was quite confused about what William
was answering ...

> And indeed for a long time (still?) the NTFS support came with health
> warnings about using it rw.

That one in the 2.4 kernel is true but nobody should use that old,
unmaintained NTFS driver, however the rewritten one (some distros
use it over a year). On the linux-ntfs project status page, I sent
earlier, status is listed, and history shortly explained.

	Szaka