Fedora for the enterprise.

fedora fedora at geeknet.nl
Thu Jan 15 16:46:05 UTC 2004

Well I have FC1 running with all the usual server apps, apache/php, mysql,
Sendmail, Bind. It's stable. Although my only gamble is what kind of
security and bug fix support the future will bring. I don't feel like
reinstalling every so many months. For this reason I am looking into
WhiteBox also as they indicate their long term approach to support and
errata.

This being said, as long as repositories remain in existence providing
errata updates  I suspect FC1 will be a good solution for your mail server.
The advantage is that it is easy to configure and anyway, even if you change
platforms in future you can always migrate it to another box running
whatever flavour of Linux you want, as long as you use sendmail, in my
opinion.

 geeknet.nl
if it's geek, it's chique!

++++