fedora install disables cdrw/dvdrom drive in bios

cheryl smith sashcls at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 18:46:12 UTC 2004

I tried to install yarrow on my fujitsy lifebook c
series. I burned the isos to cd's, checked the
md5sums, and booted from the first cd and checked the
3 cd's in the install check program. All was well.
Then rebooted with the 1st cd - skipped the check cd
option, the next screen started to load and then hung.
Had to eject the cd manually, reboot several times and
re-set the auto-detect for the cd drive in the bios.
The bios no longer saw the drive.
Any thoughts on why and what to do to fix? Thanks, Cheryl