Making an updated DVD.

Steffan Jacobs steffanjacobs at wanadoo.nl
Fri Jan 16 07:08:15 UTC 2004

Jeremy Hogan wrote:

>On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 10:27, Steffan Jacobs wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>Does anyone know a howto on creating a updated installation DVD (or
>>CD's) from the original tree and downloaded update packages. I've been
>>looking around on the internet, but I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>If there's no howto any other help is welcome as well.
>>

>Steffan,
>
>Here's a script.
>
>ftp://people.redhat.com/ckloiber/mkdvdiso.sh
>
>--jeremy

Hi,

I'm not sure this script is really what I'm looking for. I have already
created a DVD from the original ISO's when they came out. Now I want to
update that DVD so that it will install the updated packages right away.
As I understand I will have to do more than just replace the packages to
achieve this. If I copy the DVD's contents to the harddrive and use it
as a tree for this script will anaconda be able to find those packages?

Steffan.