problem with 'find' command

smoothmilk smthmlk at fuckmicrosoft.com
Fri Jan 16 07:27:37 UTC 2004

I recently did a fresh install of fedora core 1, and everything has been
going fine. Tonight, however, I went to use a bash script I had written
under the old fedora install (and it worked) and noticed it no longer
worked. Upon further investigation, the 'find' command is acting very
very weird.. see below:

[smthmlk at fields smthmlk]$ ls
dcc  Desktop  evolution  files  Mail  mp3s  rpms  school  websites
[smthmlk at fields smthmlk]$ find . -iregex ".*"
[smthmlk at fields smthmlk]$ find -name "mp3s"
./mp3s
[smthmlk at fields smthmlk]$ find -regex "mp3s"
[smthmlk at fields smthmlk]$

What is up with that? all the regex options dont work anymore!

I went ahead and removed the rpm, findutils-4.1.7-17, and replaced it
with an older one I found on rpmfind.net: findutils-4.1.7-9 ... same
result!

Regex works in every other script / program just fine tho (at least to
my knowledge). What can i do to fix this?? Thanks.

-smthmlk