cron goes mad?

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 16 10:10:27 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 09:34:35AM -0800, Stephen Walton wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 17:06, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > Core dump files are globally set off in /etc/init.d/functions and in...
> these.  Which makes it doubly puzzling that CROND sits forever in state
> 'coredump'.

Coredump... I thought you said that they were waiting on disk.
(could be dumping core, could be something else).

What is happening with swap and other disk I/O generating
processes. Are any of your file systems 'non-local' automount, nfs,
samba, loop-back, CDROM....

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48-at-sbcglobal-dot-net