Mozilla 1.6 released. RPMs soon?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Jan 16 16:11:59 UTC 2004

Tao wenqiang wrote:

> Hans Deragon wrote:
>
>> Greetings.
>>

>>   Mozilla 1.6 has been released.  Can we expect RPMs for FC1 and RHL 9?
>>

>> Best regards,
>> Hans Deragon
>> --
>> Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
>> Deragon Informatique inc.     Open source:
>> http://www.deragon.biz        http://autopoweroff.sourceforge.net
>> mailto://hans@deragon.biz     (Automatically poweroff home servers)
>>

> just dowenload install file or tarball and intall youself,it works fine.

Actually I just fixed a problem that occured because I did do this.

RH and Fedora don't use the same directories as the tarball's and thus
you can end up with conflicts if you don't remove traces of the other
versions.  Configuration files can also be in different directories.

This should be corrected in the future so if there are changes to an
application that will benefit a user and there is no official upgrade
planned then getting the tarball would be an option.  Use the same
directories as the tarball/official release.

Using the same directories would also make troubleshooting any
problems easier.  I don't know how many times I have looked at a
support page and found that the files were not in the listed location
on RH systems.

It should also make it easier to create packages.

--
Robin Laing