D-Link DWL-650+ and acx100 on FC1

Dexter Ang thepoch at mydestiny.net
Sat Jan 17 18:23:00 UTC 2004

Mauri Sahlberg <Mauri.Sahlberg at claymountain.com> said:

> la, 2004-01-17 kello 17:36, Dexter Ang kirjoitti:
> > > According to the README it is possible to get this module work with
> > > 2.6-kernels as well. But I will probably wait for FC2 before
trying it.
> > > ;)
> > >
> > > Good luck
> >
> > Thank you! Will be purchasing this then. Thanks for all the
information!

> Oops. This was not meant to be a purchasing recommendation. I was in
> notion that you've already purchased the darn thing and was desperate to
> get it work. You should definitely read acx100.sourceforge.net before
> purchasing this card and decide after reading all of the not so nice
> things they have to say about D-Link if you really still wish to do it.
>
> Regards,

nope not a problem. i just wanted to confirm that it was possible to
get it to work before purchasing. i just didn't read through the
README at acx100.sf.net's source (although now i have). i've gone
through hardware problems before, and would rather fight something
that has the possibility of working now, rather than purchasing
something that has no chance of working at the moment (hint linksys
wpc11 ver. 4). and no i don't think i will purchase the linksys, since
there doesn't seem to be a place to exchange the ver.4 card for a
ver.3 card here in the philippines. unless of course someone wants to
sell a working ver.3 card to me cheap =)

again thanks!

dex