System hang during updatedb

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Sat Jan 17 20:05:32 UTC 2004

Em Sex, 2004-01-16 às 00:40, Norman Gaywood escreveu:
> 4 times now, since mid December last year, with 3 different kernels,
> my system has hung while updating the slocate database. The hang has
> been at pretty much the same time (within seconds) each time.

I had the same error. In fact, system is oddly unstable these days. It
does not return from energy saving if there's no user logged in. In
fact, several systems does not even can type ctrl-alt-f1, as text-mode
login does not work.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group