FC1 on the enterprise?

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Sat Jan 17 20:53:57 UTC 2004

Em Sáb, 2004-01-17 às 06:36, Res escreveu:

> Im almost dismayed enough to use slackware desktops, my personal desktop
> went to fedora as well from 7.3,  the WORST thing i could have ever done.
> the upgrade f#$ked up, unlike RH upgrades, countless machines from 7.3 to
> 9 without a glitch, to fedora destroyed everything (yes backups are worth
> it <G>)

I cannot say that, at least that bad. Every upgrade I did went ok - in
fact, the only trouble I had with fedora begun when I updated it - you
can say anything - my systems looks worse every time I update them.

Some small examples

- iptables needs to be restarted just after the boot - it was working
fine for almost one year.
- sound modules, the same
- text-mode logins are gone (putting vga=791 on grub.conf fixed, but
using a graphical mode)
- lockups at night
- sometimes, when gdm (or X) puts monitor in sleeping mode, it will not
return until I plug its cable off and plug it again (???)
- red hat graphical boot is gone after a forced reboot

- other stuff I would not remember on a saturday :-)

I repeat, NONE of these problems happened on fedora before the updates,
and all these problems happened on multiple machines, from completely
different machines.

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group