SanDisk Cruzer Flash Disk Revisited

W. Chris Shank chris.shank at acetechgroup.com
Sun Jan 18 18:04:24 UTC 2004

There was a thread on Cruzer mini 256 flash disk. I have yet to get it
to mount correctly in fedora or any linux box with USB 2.0. However, I
did it working on an older (crica 1998) laptop with what is probably USB
1.1. The output of /proc/bus/usb/devices confirmed that on the newer
machine with Fedora, the cruzer was attempting to operate at USB 2.0
Speed (480Mbps) whereas on the older machine it was operating at 12Mbps
(USB 1.0/1.1 speed). The linux kernel on the laptop was from Morphix, a
debian derived kernel (2.4.21-xfs).

So I'm wondering if I could force the cruzer to operate in USB 1.1 mode
in Fedora, then perhaps it would work? Anyone know if this is possible
and how to make it so?

Thanks

--
W. Chris Shank