diskless feature in fedora?

Scott Burns scott at mirrabooka.com
Sun Jan 18 23:49:20 UTC 2004

Lewi wrote:

>and the problem nfs so slow(with error message still retrying), i dunno if this the real problem
>I change/add ethernet 8139too with Full Duplex 100mbps, the old one is using tlan(half duplex 10mbps)
>then just running well

Hi,
    just for the record, on my home made diskless workstations I see no
real difference in boot times between a P100 with 64mb RAM on a 10mbps
half duplex ne2000 ISA card, and a AMD K6/2 450 with 128mb RAM running
an Intel 100mbps full duplex PCI card.  In fact, when you factor in BIOS
setup, the Pentium wins hands down.

--
Scott Burns
Mirrabooka Systems