[TIP] Installing new window manager

Paul Thomas paul at tmsl.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 00:04:49 UTC 2004

On 18/01/2004 21:52 David Jackson wrote:
Hi David

> > Messing around around, I've found that creating/editing
> > ~./Xclients-default as
> >
> > #! /bin/bash
> > exec /etc/X11/xmd/Xsession icewm
> Paul --
> Thanks for your reply.
> What we're really looking for is a way to add it to desktop switcher app
> system wide.

I was looking at that too before I gave up and started hacking scripts.
The thing is that the actual switcher programs are compiled and ATM I'm
leaning toward the idea that the options you get are hard-coded into the
program and not stored in a configuration file. That said, the source is
available and it _should_ be possible to add support for icewm. I'll try
to have a look at it this week if I get time but don't expect a patch
anytime soon. Like you, I'd really like to see IceWM better supported in
FC but it's not quite as simple as just adding another radio button. There
are issues of detecting if IceWM is installed and only displaying the
option if it is. Oh, and we'll probably also want a new IceWM RPM to add
in the various config changes that are needed.
--
Paul Thomas
Business |
| Computer Consultants         |