A DIFFERENT yum/up2date problem...

Allan Metts ametts2 at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 19 01:10:36 UTC 2004

I am absolutely baffled.  /var/log/yum.log shows all of these packages were
updated at 5:26 a.m. this morning.   I was sound asleep at that time -- and
unless my dogs have picked up Linux, no one else did it.  My system time is
accurately synced to ntp, and crontab is empty for all users.

I ran "nohup up2date -u" from the command line the day before, and
nohup.out showed a failure.  Does up2date include some sort of periodic
retry logic?

If not, the only thing I can think of is that yesterday's process took 12
hours to successfully finish the download on a broadband connection, and I
looked at the wrong nohup.out to check the results.

A-----