Mozilla upgrade problem

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 19 02:11:38 UTC 2004

jeff lee said:
> Neil B. Cohen wrote:
>
>  >Color me dense, but I'm missing something - maybe someone can point me
>  >in the right direction. I decided to install Mozilla 1.6. The
>  >documentation says to remove earlier versions - I have 1.5 installed
>  >with a set of RPM files from FC1. But I can't remove those RPMS - there
>  >are dependencies on open-office, gaim etc.
>
> try rpm -f -e instead of just rpm -e

Not unless you understand the consequences of forcing an uninstall (don't!).

Package management is there for a reason.  Those other package have been
built against the installed version of Mozilla.  It sounds like your 1.6
package is designed to install in different directories so that it doesn't
conflict.  Leave well enough alone and leave the old version on there.

--
William Hooper