Nonlinear video/audio editing?

Prakash Rao pxwiz at optonline.net
Mon Jan 19 06:39:40 UTC 2004

Christoph Wickert wrote:

>Am Mo, den 19.01.2004 schrieb nosp um 02:43:
>

>>Anyone doing nonlinear video / audio editing with FC?  What's your
>>favorite tool(s)?
>>

>># apt-cache show kino
>>Package: kino
>>Section: Applications/Multimedia
>>Installed Size: 1963
>>Maintainer: Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>
>>Version: 0.7.0-0.rhfc1.dag
>>[snipped]
>>Filename: kino-0.7.0-0.rhfc1.dag.i386.rpm
>> The new generation of digital camcorders use the Digital Video (DV) data
>> format. Kino allows you to record, create, edit, and play movies recorded
>> with DV camcorders. Unlike other editors, this program uses many keyboard
>> commands for fast navigating and editing inside the movie.

Kino's good, but like the description says it's pretty 'simple'.

You might also want to take a look at these

    * Kdenlive (http://www.uchian.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kdenlive.html)
    * Cinelerra (http://heroinewarrior.com./cinelerra.php3)

I have not used either Kdenlive or Cinelerra myself, but I'd be
interested to hear from anyone out there who's used it.

HTH,
Prakash