Is FC1 anygood?

Vincent pros-n-cons at bak.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 11:27:10 UTC 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:28:21 -0600
Carl Jenkins <carlwjenkins at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Is fedora your main OS? Is it good enough to be used as such?
> I have to be honest I still use windoze for many things, but I guess myself
> just don't feel comfortable enough with linux to get rid of windoze just
> yet.
>
> Just curious about your systems and how  you fare.
>
> Thanks

This thread is going to go on for a week =)

Aside from all the horror and success stories you're going to read.
It all boils down to what you need it for. Try a duel boot for a while
and see what happens. You'll hit some snags that is for sure, but you
can't beat the journey if you like challanges more than you like watching
T.V.

My advice; get a friend who is a linux guru, 95% of the problems I had
were fixable with one command. I just didn't know it.