Enterprise Linux Server

sysadmin sysadmin at fleetone.com
Mon Jan 19 14:31:48 UTC 2004

Here is the mail list for whitebox:

Rob
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jeremy Kruer
  To: fedora-list at redhat.com
  Sent: Monday, January 19, 2004 8:24 AM
  Subject: Enterprise Linux Server

  Hello,

  I read that Fedora is more of a development version of Linux and is not stable enough to run as an enterprise server.

  If this is true, does anyone have any suggestions for a good stable version of Linux that would be appropriate for an enterprise server?  I have read a couple people mention www.whiteboxlinux.org does anyone have any experience with this?  Were would I be able to go for support, I did not see any mailing lists with it.

  What are other people using?  I don't want to pay thousands of dollars for RHEL, but I want something that would be stable enough for the enterprise environment.  I would really appreciate any suggestions.

  Thanks.