Apache 2.0.47

Gertjan Vinkesteijn gertjan at gershwin.xs4all.nl
Mon Jan 19 15:07:50 UTC 2004

David Kistner wrote:

> I'm running Apache 2.0.47 application that came with Fedora Core 1.
> Everything was running great for quite some time.  I kept my Fedora
> upgraded with updates with up2date (yum) until one day something
> during one of these updates somehow something killed my server beyond
> recovery. I tried to recover everything with Acronis True Image ghost
> images but every one was corrupt (I realize now that I was very stupid
> for not testing them prior to this problem) :-(
> http://www.trustjesus.org/
> http://www.trustjesus.org/index2.html
>
> Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.
>  - David Kistner

Dear David,

Because I am running Apache2 with all kind of things like --enable-so
and being root, because I am running apache from a VFAT file system, so
that the server from Windows takes exactly the same htdocs as from
Linux, I decided to compile the version from apache.org. And I just do
not have the Fedora version installed. Now I can seemless fiddle around
with openssl, mysql, php, and what I said, not to be 'nobody' but
'root', because of the vfat file system.
I have compiled Apache2 (httpd-2.0.48) with CFLAGS="-DBIG_SECURITY_HOLE"
what only have impact on the local subnet. Now I can switch back and
force Micro-soft and Linux using exactly the same htdocs, like in my php
source:

if (file_exists('/usr/bin/convert')) {
        $i_m = 'magick';
        $c_r = '/var/tmp/photobook';
} else {
        $i_m = 'gd';
        $c_r = 'c:/var/tmp/photobook';
}

If somebody gets a sane driver for my scanjet 2300c (what seems to be
impossible) then I don't need to switch back and forth any longer.

--
peace now, that is good for all of us
http://gershwin.xs4all.nl