diskless feature in fedora?

Lewi ichtus at mbone.petra.ac.id
Mon Jan 19 20:02:23 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 09:49:20AM +1000, Scott Burns wrote:
> Lewi wrote:
>

> >and the problem nfs so slow(with error message still retrying), i dunno if
> >this the real problem I change/add ethernet 8139too with Full Duplex
> >100mbps, the old one is using tlan(half duplex 10mbps)
> >then just running well
> >

> Hi,
>    just for the record, on my home made diskless workstations I see no
> real difference in boot times between a P100 with 64mb RAM on a 10mbps
> half duplex ne2000 ISA card, and a AMD K6/2 450 with 128mb RAM running
> an Intel 100mbps full duplex PCI card.  In fact, when you factor in BIOS
> setup, the Pentium wins hands down.

sorry if not writing message clear,
in my point case, I suspect that maybe tlan dan my dlink switch that running on 100mbps
don't suit, or in another experiment I just plug 2 computer (1 server, & 1 diskless)
still comes up error message that nfs server still retrying

so the factor still don't clear up