pb with police (ISO8859-15)

don don at drussell.dnsalias.com
Mon Jan 19 23:55:08 UTC 2004

Yohann Desquerre said:
> Le lun 19/01/2004 à 23:45, Dennis Gilmore a écrit :
>> Once upon a time Tuesday 20 January 2004 8:42 am, Yohann Desquerre
>> wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > I'am a french user....In french there are many accent on word !!!
>> >
>> > When i send a mail with accent on word...my friends which are use
>> > WINXXXX(No one is perfect) see strange symbol. Is there any way to
>> solve
>> > that ????
>> >

>> > Thanks
>>

>> There mail client probably doesnt handle UTF-8 either they change to a
>> client
>> that does or you change you language to suit them
>>

> I have the same problème when i use the commande line !!!
>
> the frenche messages have got yhe same strange simbols instead of my
> "french accent"

Command line/GUI does not matter... it is the e-mail client. If it is not
putting the header information in the message envelope, the receiver has
no way to know what code page (character set) to display the messages as.

Try another e-mail client to send your e-mail.

Send a note to yourself and look at the headers,
do that again with a different e-mail client and see if the headers are
different.