Kpackage missing from Kdeadmin - Why, and howto rectify

Michael Kearey mutk at iprimus.com.au
Tue Jan 20 00:33:40 UTC 2004

Bevan C. Bennett wrote:
<snip>
> WARNING: I have never used kpackage.
> It's my understanding from the long ago OP, however, that the visual
> display of kpackage made it easier to not only view the set of installed
> packages, but to more easily pick out packages and groups of packages
> that could be removed from the system without disrupting the rest of
> your dependencies.
>
> I have not yet seen a GUI package management tool that did this well.

I agree. I looked over it some more, and it does help reveal deps
nicely. Still for an ordinary user, I cannot see kpackage (as it is
right now) fitting in particularly well with Fedora as a primary
package managing tool...

Maybe hack it some more so it can use yum repositories, then it will
be very usefull.

Oh oh, I see a pointless project waiting for me.

Cheers,
Michael