[OT] Kernel Panic - What's your diagnosis

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Tue Jan 20 08:35:02 UTC 2004

Hi All,

[Disclaimer: This is on a RH8 system. Mailing to this list since there's
more
 experts here.]

	Last night, my Linux Server experienced a kernel panic. I'm not
really sure what happened. /var/log/messeges did not show anything very
informative. (maybe my syslog.conf file is not very good(?))

On The system console, this is what is written

CPU0 : Machine Check Exception 000000000000004
Bank3 : b200000000080a01
Kernel Panic : CPU Context Currupt
in Interrupt handler_not syncing

The above was the only thing I seen. Memory Problems? This Server is an old
Junk PII 300Mhz on 512MB Ram & 3x200GB IDE drive & it's actually running on
RH8 (sorry.. I know it's the wrong list)

At the time it was Hung, I think the system was running rsyncd. I'm not sure
if it hung because of Rsync or (?). Maybe the server was hacked(?) I highly
doubt so though.

Thanks for any and all help.

Cheers,                                                 .^.
Mun Heng, Ow                                            /V\
H/M Engineering                                       /(   )\
Western Digital M'sia                                  ^^-^^
DID : 03-7870 5168                          The Linux Advocate