Whitebox Linux

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Tue Jan 20 12:12:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-20 at 06:27, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Jason Dixon wrote:

> > I can't imagine how the WBEL team could introduce a bug, as they don't
> > introduce any new code into the distro.  Whitebox is literally a rebuild
>
> They've already encountered several bugs/issues/oddities caused by
> building in different enviroment than RHEL was built (RH has their own
> buildsystem which isn't publicly available at least currently).

It was my understanding/assumption that they were speaking mainly of
bugs that might, for example, cause a kernel panic.  The stuff that the
WBEL team has introduced has been of the minor annoyance variety,
usually fixed within a day.  I guess I'm giving the WBEL team too much
credit, but I'm primarily concerned with "show-stopper" bugs.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting